Re: Any Windows 10 Users Experiencing Severe Slow Downs After Update

Well.
This aint ms, every intel and amd branded cpu use the same chips and firmware and there is a leak in that.
It can be patched but the only true way to fix it is get a new kernal chip and that is probably going to take a bit.
Meanwhile this is the first patch so they will try to improve performance.
Servers are the worst hit so they say, but modern systems are fine.
I have an old i530m crappy chip on my uncle's server, it was  barely struggling as it was, now its really slow but its old as heck.
Now I have a 3rd gen win7 box, a 4th gen win10 box and either a second or fist gen i3 desk server with win7 all with the update, I have not noticed the 40-50% slowdowns that people say.
On modern systems there are a few milisecond slowdowns but its not much in others it could be worse but bar my uncle's server I havn't seen anything.
His laptop is an old hp, but its an i7 and like my i5 3rd gen so it should be fine.
Then again its not a heavily loaded box, cloud systems and office is about all it has and most of that is cloud based now.
If your system is that slow, I'd be thinking the hdd could be an issue or ram or maybe its time to update that cpu, any modern system from the last 5 years or so should be fine, its where the updates and performance adjustments will be targeted at.
Every phone droid and apple will have the same issue.
As time goes on, and people work round the leak and fix it in firmware they will improve the performance as they go but its going to take a while its the entire industry Intel promise to get initial release by the end of the month if not sooner, so I suspect give it till the end of this year or even next year or sooner and they will have their security and performance issues handled.