Re: Why Must People Crack Games

Yeah, I see your point, though I bet people who understand economics better would be able to tell you exactly why commercial pirating is just as bad.
Your right about owning it if your going to do it, though I don't think many people are (deliberately) trying to hurt the community, either they don't think about it, or they don't care enough to do what's right, so, both still pretty bad, particularly the second one.

That said though, I think most people, at least I was, were just laying out why it happens.
I'm fully aware of how damaging it is, but you need to accept the reasons that it happens in order to better combat it. After all, if people feel they have literally no other way, they need to be taught otherwise, but if you don't even know what their problem is, than where do you start your dialog?
At least 70 percent of them are just regular people not trying to hurt anyone from what I've seen, and many of the other 30 percent are only angry do to ignorance. Discount them all as selfish assholes, and you cut your self off from much of what could help turn many of them around. You may even make it worse.

Still, it's hard to convince most people, especially kids, that at the end of the day, they can go without. And no, they don't deserve any sympathy for it either, because you could nearly always be giving them something more useful if they are using it as an escape anyway.