Re: Stay the hell away from EmpireMud (appology to Athlon enclosed)

@orko, in 13 years of playing multiplayer games I've rarely encountered the sort of arsehollary described here, most admins of games  have been at the least competent at running things and I've rarely  ever had problems, indeed the vast majority of admins for indi games tend to be nice people who have a vested interest in making a nice experience for all players.

the most major issues i've had are with games that have an unrestricted pvp policy where the pvp can actively hurt your progress and experience,  In the vast majority of  cases, this is more due to how the games are setup themselves, ie, no in game regulation of pvp and the fact that I personally tend to dislike pvp and resent when it is forced upon me in a game where I want to do something else, rather than  bad game design or favouritism on the part of the admins.

Alteraeon, Erion, Frandom, flexible survival, core exiles and puppet nightmares are all examples of games I've played with exceptionally good admins and playing experiences which can be customised to a player's likes and dislikes, all are also games I've put time and/or money into which should tell you something.

Really the well run games outrank the badly run ones, which is why cases like Empire mud are both so sad, and also so coment worthy.