Re: Stay the hell away from EmpireMud (appology to Athlon enclosed)

Draak here. Just to give you guys a heads up:

We are aware of the problems with areas and quest progression on Archais and the transition to the mainland. Morpheus and Dentin are both working on smoothing out the level progression on Archais, and Morpheus is currently working on direct quest linkage between Dragon Tooth and Ralnoth. From there, Ralnoth is a hub that can take you into Wallachia, Khal-Uktar, Nueva Grenada and beyond. We'll gradually shore up the story lines, but Ralnoth can be overwhelming, as it is nearly three time the size of the largest city on the Westering Isles. With year-end events over, we'll be able to devote more attention to these details.

Regarding high level groups being a required, I personally have been converting outlying group exp zones into autoleveling base solo zones (that is to say, the base strength of the zone is calibrated for a solo character, but it will adjust the level and power of the mobs to match the size and levels of any player or group that enters it). There will always be areas in intended for groups, but there are plenty of solo zones and base solo zones on the high end, too, and more in production.