Re: initial setup of a new laptop?

Hi,
when I bought my laptop all I needed to do was set the username, country etc. My laptop alas wasn't one of those that could or would start narrator at that point but after you get the system up and running it shouldn't be a problem. and the inicial setup takes about a few minutes.
As for windows8? even if you aren't comfortable, most laptops nowadays will let you downgrade to 7 with almost all drivers available. I myself didn't find windows8 all that fun. even with the latest version of NVDA it wasn't quite smooth or risponcive what you will.
The laptop specs sound farely good to me at that pricepoint. but then again you could look around for a few different ones just to have  a choice when it comes to choosing.
This is farely obvious,but I'll say it just in case. try the laptop keyboard and all before you buy. I didn't tongue and now this thing is a pain in the, yeah sometimes.
with that said, I have a question I hope I don't highjack the thred completely anyway. big_smile
I have been wondering for a while on how to disable the fn key when pressing a function key. to check the time I need 2 hands because I need to press the dam fn key with the insert f12 keys for jaws to tell me the time.
Grryf