Re: Lets talk about the huge inconvinience of school

ghost rider wrote:

Hey all. So, school is dumb these days. For one, its a bunch of adults yelling at us, teaching us stuff we already know, and teaching us stuff we will never need to know. Like will I have to know how to use the pythagorean theorem when I do stuff when I grow up? I doubt that. I'm gonna be a game tester, the kind that gets rich and stuff. Not a boring math teacher that gives kids homework. I don't wanna make kids feel the way I do.

It might be tempting to just say screw school, but yes, the pythagorean is really really useful higher in math. I don't know how you expect to "get ritch" testing games, but if you decide you want to go into game development, trig is really really important if you do anything with vectors. E.g: anything where you can turn a player and move them. For example:
Suppose a player is at (0,0) and facing northeast. You want to move the player because they're pressing the up arrow key.