Re: Redspot: The destruction of UKA and the rise of hypocrisy

keithwipf1 wrote:

It might work to add robots that can be killed or something...

It might work to destroy any sense to play this game. If you want to convert Redspot into an offline RPG with bots to raise character level by killing them, feel free smile Sorry for my _expression_, but I can not calmly react to such suggestions.

keithwipf1 wrote:

Yes but, if this new update comes out, there will probably be less players on the battlefield to kill and get achievements.
This means that any geared players with high stats who are determined enough are going to run you down if there is no other way for it.

In general, the situation "the highs are killing the lows to fabricate achievements" is abnormal. What are these achievements? Gear up on the islands and then just have fun?  If so, we shouldn't call it achievements at all. We should call it "power abusing". We have "combo abusing", right? Why "power abusing" does not exist? Meanwhile, combo killing is very difficult and require high personal skills. Try to get close to an opponent when he has a gun, you will fail on 9 tries of 10. Combos was the only one way for lows to effectively fight highs, and I do not understand why the administration began to consider them as a cheat.
We have health and shield limits, yes. It was good decision. But it often do not work as expected. Since the inventory is unlimited, a high can care hundreds of shields and use them in any moment to restore his shielded shots. This is also true for healing items. So, I think we need to give a property "weight" to all items, and then set the maximum allowed total weight that player can hold. This reform will not only limit HP and shields to expected values, but also will cause players to think strategically (select a set of items sutable to a specific task by comparing advantages and disadvantages of each set). Base storages should NOT be limited, and bases theirselves must become harder to destroy (now you can buy many throwing stars and some quods, and destroy absolutely any base, so there is no sense to build them anyway).