Re: Redspot: The destruction of UKA and the rise of hypocrisy

The problem of high powered players being able to insta heal or insta armor after being hit has been discussed with Sam many times before, by many people, almost all of them experienced players, even as of several months ago, and has been identified as being a major, longstanding issue since nearly the beginning.
Small lag on individual item use (even if only for health and shields), over all weight limit, health or shield item limit, and others have all been suggested, and while Sam brought up issues with health caps, we hammered them out quite well as a team more than once with his input.
Despite that, and all the updates since then, nothing has changed, so it is clear where his priorities lie.
He would much rather add awesome new features than fix longstanding problems, even for things that would literally require a number change or two, and ten minutes of testing to verify.
And I'm not even talking about contested issues, which may cause backlash, as I understand his misgivings with those.
This is obviously a more divisive topic, but again, many high level players (at least the ones worth listening to) expressed that they would be able to bend on this.

Sam has actually made good changes like this in the past, which is appreciated, but they are generally few and far between, lesser in importance, drastically changed from the original agreed  upon concept (though sometimes for good reason) and almost always only put into effect after allot of convincing by his close friends, and procrastination or diversion on his part.
So in nearly all cases, if you want thoughtful game design, look elsewhere, and don't waste your breath trying to convince this Dev of anything unless it brings him instant gratification or has no chance of causing conflict with his friends, no matter how small.
Basically, if it gets under your skin and seriously effects your enjoyment that the game is now mostly resource gathering and pointless multikilling devoid of any (effective) skill, you should probably just give up on Redspot rather than hope for change, trust me, I did and it's probably increased my lifespan by at least a few months LOL.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : User100 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : keithwipf1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : keithwipf1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : TheGreatCarver via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : TheGreatCarver via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : sito via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : TheGreatCarver via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blink_wizard via Audiogames-reflector