Chromium OS

Hi all.
I have briefly read about Chromium OS and the accessibility. It sounds amazing, but I can't find any great reviews of the OS out from a blind users point of view.
I'm thinking about buying a laptop with the OS to try it out. I have also read about trying it in a virtual machine. I have tried a few virtual machines in VmWare Fusion, but can't get it to work. I'm not sure on if the OS is loaded, because I can't start the screenreader.
I have a few questions:
1. Should I try it on a virtual machine before buying a computer running the OS to see what it's like? If yes, do you have anything which works?
2. When comparing the OS to Windows, Mac and Linux, would you then recommend the Chromium OS, both the OS itself and the accessibility?
3. Can the OS be reinstalled just like Mac OS where you can do that without sighted help at all?
It would be interesting to hear about your experiences in generel, or if you have any links to reviews etc. Because I'm not sure on what to expect from the OS, and what it can do.