Considering making BK3 V2 X free

Hi.
It has been a while since I last spoke about my development related news. You may already know that I'm not spending as much time as before for audiogame development due to my job and university, but I just randomly thought and decided to update something which may interest you but may also draw some controversy here.
For those who don't want to read through my ranting, I'll write the main topic first. I'm seriously considering making Bokurano Daibouken V2 X less expanded than planned and completely free. Of course I'd happy to know what you think.
Now, a long post below.
I had stated that I would release BK3 V2 X after completing the translation project. Now it's completed as promised, but V2 X has not come yet. First I want to clarify why it is happening.
When I started working on the translation, I expected I would be university when it was completed and I would be spending lots of time developing games, so I planned the V2 X expansion. However, now I have multiple jobs and non-audiogame-related projects, plus I have to do them in parallel with university. Thus, I'm unable to focus on one project which is required to develop something worth for everyone to pay.
I cannot work with my full capacity to develop games, but I do not want to leave this world. I had to come up with something would satisfy me and players. Then I got the idea of making the game free instead of less expansion.
The basic idea is like this. Actually I have already implemented some core systems planned in V2 X E.G. the alternate stage 19, leveling up cats, gamepad support and custom enemy behaviors. First I will unlock them. Then, do whatever I want, same as before. I still do not know the translation pack should be a donation-and-reward style for V2 or not.
I think making the game free has following pros:
- Of course you do not have to pay to play
- I can do freely without feeling any pressure that it must be worth to pay
- People who cannot pay for regional or finantial reasons can play, even if the written translation might not be available
- I do not have to wait until all planned features are implemented because all are free updates
- Honestly, more feasible
I'm open for revealing any information about the game if available, and also open for any feedbacks or discussion topics. I just wanted to make sure that my previous statement wouldn't be a empty promise.