Re: If there would be a way for getting your sight back, would you do it?

To the person who said they can't live alone, that sounds more like a limitation you are placing on yourself than an actual limitation caused by blindness. I lost my visionabout five years ago and have never stopped living alone, and if I can do it, anybody can.

Not only is half the brain involved in processing vision for those who are sighted, it is estimated that sighted people take in 80% of what they know about the world around them through their eyes. That's a large part of the world you live in to lose if you are blind.

Yes, you can adapt to living without vision such that it is not a major problem, but don't kid yourself into thinking that being blind is only a minor disability, it is not.

Initially, after I lost my vision I considered joining one of the advocacy groups such as the NFB or the ACB, or the AFB, but once I started learning more about them I realized that they were not what I thought they were and abandoned that thought real quick. Especially the NFB, they are very much like the NRA in their atitudes, very militant.