Re: If there would be a way for getting your sight back, would you do it?

first of all. 102, your eye condition has an important role in terms of whether it's realistic to get your sight back. while it's something that we haven't touched up on, I think it would be an interesting topic whether in the future, our condition can be cured. in my case, yes, it can. for me, the retina ( hope I'm spelling this right) and the eye balls, or the ctual eyes aren't damaged at all. not to mention since I have full light perception, it would be, no doubt, easier for me to adjust, than some others.
81. cars. ah yes, the good old topic of cars. I learned how to operate a car's dashboard at the age of 4 or so. even up to this day, I operate anything and everything I can, but those touch screens sure make it impossible. yet another limitation that we're facing. and why? I doubt any car factories would build a screen reader into the radio, or the aircon panel. I'm laughing at the idea as I write this. 5 years ago, hell, I knew these things better than the sighted. but good things never last, and the accessibility is strongly! pulling away, further and further. I'm surprised I can at least start the engine in a car park, if I'm cold, maybe, that, too, will be touch screen in about 2 years from now... tongue
and don't get me mentioned how you used to just put the gearbox into neutral, and turn the key. now you have to push out the clutch and shit. ah well, I'll still adapt.
now, let me quote from post 65, think it is.
OK. People have said that "blindness is not minor," "blindness is an extreme limitation," etc., and they have implied, in subtle or not-so-subtle ways, that "blindness is an extremely bad thing and it needs to be destroyed at all costs."
first, thanks for a somewhat entertaining, but harsh post. let me first cover this first point. some of us, and I consider myself lucky from that point, had worse experiences than others. some are from different countries than others. in eastern europe, for example, where I originally originate from, if you're disabled, you're fucked. unless you're in a developed country, you're fucked. I was fortunate enough to have migrated at a fairly young age, but what about those who haven't? there are worse things than blindness, but being blind isn't  challenge or limitation free, as some of you claim it to be.

2. I have been taught two ways of life: the way of the blind person, and the way of the average person. same here. I chose option 2, however. I had to learn to adapt to everything alone. I more or less never had any help besides my fully sighted family. none at all. so of course, I lack certain skills. I'll happily admit that myself. but just because you grew up as an average person, that, by any means, doesn't mean  that you don't want sight back.

to those on this topic who think blindness is a limiter that hinders your development and all that bullshit that's been spouted on this topic: you, along with the blind services who have taught you, are the closed-minded ones. It is not just the services that taught you; it is you, too. If you didn't get all depressed about your blindness. personally, I'm not depressed, and I know for a fact, that I'm not as close minded as the blind services. but since you seem to claim that blindness is limitation free, I want to ask you a question. and anyone could answer it, it would actually be interesting to hear some feedback on it.
so you want to get somewhere. like another state, or something. or you just want to have a quiet weekend alone. train and bus aren't available. so you have 2 choices. 1) you fly, which you can't afford. 2) you simply don't go to have a weekend alone. 3) if you're sighted, you grab your keys, go to the nearest gas station, fill up the tank, and off you go. in fact, if we're speaking of fishing/camping, you literally can't get there without help. and it's not that some of us can't, it's that we don't want to ask for help. there's nothing wrong with not wanting sight back, or not noticing the limitations of blindness, but claiming that they are not there is just simply wrong. I mean, I do admit that almost the only things I miss about not having sight are driving, and the ability to miss nature. I can do more or less everything else that a sighted can. but independence, and freedom, I miss it, there is no day that passes by, when I don't wish it. I think not having any blind person near by, none that I ever hung out with, only having purely sighted is partly why I feel this way. and this is me, apologies if I just want what many people have.