Re: If there would be a way for getting your sight back, would you do it?

@106:

Disagree, for the most part cars have gotten easier to start, consider 50 years ago you had to pu out the choke, kepe a foot on the brake, other on the clutch, hold the key turned in the ignition and make sure the car was in neutral, then move the choke at the right time, all the while keeping the clutch pushed in so the car didn't stall....yeah, I'll take keeping a foot on the brake, turn key, push gear, go. Helps that my mom used to run a driving school in the 60s and 70s so I know where I'm coming from with that, the Minis were a bitch to start and several other cars were more complex.

For the issue of not asking for directions, sighted people do that all the time. If I'm heading somewhere with my family I know for sure my dad won't ask for directions, my mom will just go the way she's always gone, not ask for directions unless there's trouble on the road and so forth.

@Ethin/Eenz:

It's not as simple with 3D printing either. Okay, printing a replacement part for an arm or a shoulder's one thing, I know a guy who actually printed the parts he needed and had surgeons reattach those printed parts getting his shoulder working again, but the eye's a whole other ballgame.

@Braille (again):

I'd argue that yes it is the services fault though since at the age most typically get caught up in them they are still learning and like a sponge, and (at least in my experience) the services and social stuff doesn't take no for an answer and the more you try to do stuff they don't want you to do the more they lock you down. Maybe that's just the services I've dealt with however....