Re: If there would be a way for getting your sight back, would you do it?

I think I got quite lucky on that, the instructors I have known in France weren't as pushy as that. Sure they sometimes got surprised like hell if I didn't do something a certain way, but they didn't go as far as saying "you should stop doing that completely". In fact, if I got to show them how I proceeded they would sometimes be interested changing how they teach stuff, though not surprisingly this was much more often the case with technology compared to any other domain.
The pushiest thing I had to deal with is that I was forced to use a braille note-taker when I was in a school for the blind. This wouldn't have been that bad except the way that thing handled input made so that typing fast wasn't exactly a good option, and sometimes you would have some completely ununderstandable text in some places.
And then of course teachers didn't understand why I made so much typing mistakes. Because, you know, in that domain there's apparently no way the machine could be at fault, blla-bla-bla. Whereas in other domains like videogames, if someone hears a scratchy voice clip on the Sega Genesis, people will always blame the hardware.
Not sure it's a fair comparison, but you get the idea.