Re: Christianity or Islam

To be honest, I believe religion is just a web of differing opinions of how our existence started, and not much more than that. I don't think anyone can really tell you or anyone else what to believe. People can help you by giving you knowledge, helping to talk out the things you're unsure about, but nobody can decide for you, and should not be pushing you to a decision.

As an example of what I mean by pushing, a friend of mine in fifth grade came on the bus one morning, and was incessantly talking about why I should prey to God and be a Christian. When I told her I didn't do that, she was visibly upset. "Why not?" she asked. "That's a sin, you know." She told me how God created the world, he did this and did that, and I should talk to him and love him, and try to read the Bible.

I felt guilty after hearing her words, like I had committed sins for the 11 years I had been on this planet, and perhaps it was too late to fix them. Religion was never a topic I really discussed much at home, so I wasn't prepared to defend or discuss the views I did have, so the conversation on the bus made me feel trapped. I was now more afraid than ever to discuss it at home because I was afraid I'd get yelled at for not doing the things I was supposed to do, and should've been doing without being told.

What I described above is a conversation which, under most circumstances, you should never allow someone to start with you. I hope you didn't post this topic hoping for someone to do that, because it's not a healthy way to find your true soul and its beliefs. I myself am agnostic, but I won't go into that here.

Please do not expect people to make your decisions for you. I made that mistake multiple times during childhood and it's something I'm working on even now, and it's not a fun position to be in when you're an adult.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : blindncool via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : jonikster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Riad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : burak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : blindncool via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : blindncool via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector