Re: Monthly chat March 2018

There used to be a device called Telezapper. What it did was play the three tones indicating a disconnected line as soon as the call is answered whether by a person or an answering machine. The effect of this was that for telemarketers using an automated dialer, the dialer would detect these tone and mark the number as disconnected and not call it again for six months. It worked great.

As soon as I figure out the best way to do it, I'm going to record my cellular carriers default voice mail greeting, put the disconnected tones in front of it, then use that to record a new greeting, then let all calls from unknown callers go to voice mail, if its a telemarketer, they won't call me again for six months, if it's not, they can leave a message.