Re: Any new happenings, unique games to play?

jack wrote:

A hero's call is said to be story-first. That being said combat does play a significant role, but it isn't as much a level grinder as Manamon was.

Hi @Jack,
Thanks for the tip. I need to make it fully through the Main Menu demonstration I think to really get a good feel for the game. So far though, it seems to be a winner.

It's amazing now the funding possibilities with Kickstarter and all that. I remember just seven years ago or so, we had to fund all of our ambitions from our own pockets, so we'd mostly "phone a friend" to do volunteer work for us to create games.

What I'm really looking for though is innovation. For example, Lone Wolf was the first of its kind, Shades of Doom was the first of its kind, Tank Commander was the first of its kind, and TDV was the first of its kind.

I remember playing Lone Wolf and being blown away that me, a blind person, could pilot a submarine; and, indeed, most of the emails I got concerning TDV were along the lines of "never thought I could play the actual Top Gun movie!"

This is what I mean when I mention "uniqueness." Is there anything that's taken AG by shock to where people are like [[wow]], this has truly, truly never been done before? It's why I'm looking for things like Sim City. I want that same feeling I got when playing Lone Wolf or that same feeling people would get when they would play TDV.

I've listened to reviews of Manamon and got bored within five minutes... It was like releasing a game for SNES when we have Playstation, LOL.

Orin wrote:

Keep in mind that Eurofly probably isn't the flight simulator you'd be expecting.
also, as far as SciFi MUDs go, check out the upcoming MUD Starmourn. Iron Realms or not, the game will have class way beyond what any Star Conquest classic clone has. It *sounds* like the closest to a Galaxy Web: Stellar Epoch we're going to get.

Hi @Orin,
Can you explain what you mean by this comment about Eurofly? Indeed, I found Eurofly to not be too immersive myself and got bored rather quickly.

I'll keep my eye on this new MUD you're talking about, thanks for the heads-up!

Thanks everyone else for the continuing suggestions; I hope I can find something eventually where I can just go "[[wow]], this is actually bad-ass!" Because, keep in mind, we went from battleship type games (with all respect to Joker Dog and Accessible Chat) to full-blown FPS's (David Greenwood's Shades of Doom) to simulations like lone Wolf and TDV to online interaction (Joker Dog and Che Martin.) And I'm sure we can do that again. I was disappointed at the state of AG when I left a few years ago and am hoping that things are starting to turn around again for the second innovative climax of AG.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Munawar via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Giovani via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Munawar via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : MasterChief via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Munawar via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : MasterChief via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Juliantheaudiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nyanchan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nyanchan via Audiogames-reflector