Re: Bye, bye, Alexa

I decided to go whole hog and bought a Google Home Max and am getting a Mini as a free bundle with the Max. The Max will go in my living room and the Mini in my bedroom. I have no plans to use either for making calls, I'll use them as I did the Echo as assistants and to stream music and to play games, if any are available. And for what it's worth, of the two colors available, chalk and charcoal, otherwise known as black and white, I chose charcoal or black.

Oh yeah, that's another gripe I forgot about Alexa, their servers seem to go down at least once a month and when they go down, you may as well unplug the Echo for the rest of the day.

Amazon has a buy back program, if they are offering to buy the Echo, that's where mine will be going.

And Jack guessed it, the marketplace I was talking about is the PayWithChip marketplace. The primary reason I didn't mention the name was because it is currently only available in the states, though the CEO, whom I've had many interesting conversations with, says they'd like to be able to offer the marketplace to other regions, with your location determining what stores are available to you.