Re: let's discuss cloud versus harddrives for storing data!

Hmmmm, the only problem I've ever had myself with an external backup  involved a really dodgy power cable which eventually caused the drive to short, indeed it probably wouldn't be an issue now since I could just get the cable replaced. That was a c gate drive which initially put me off them as a brand, but I've since tried others that have been fine.

Currently, I have a 2 tb c gate external drive plugged into my pc which was previously my backup drive, which is now  almost precisely 9 years old and still running fine, indeed the only reason its not my backup drive anymore is that I needed a larger one, said larger one is in a box in my bedroom, and is still working absolutely fine, then again it only gets used once a month or so.

the only major problem with c gate is having to remove their own inaccessible backup software programs, but once you clear the drives they work absolutely fine, or at least that's been my experience.