Re: Does anyone know the D programming language?

I see that the argument is to paste their web site.  That aside:
D has interesting things, but is too alpha.  Not many people are using it in production.  Bugs are found and fixed frequently which, in a programming language, is not really good.  Especially since it's not a common language.  It lacks 64-bit support on windows, which means it lacks 64-bit support for most of us (but note that it's being worked on, and if you *really* know what you're doing you can get it).
You can do most things you can do in D in c++, but D has cleaner syntax and less dark corners of oddness and/or wtf errors.  The reason that I'm using C++ instead is not related to language, it is related to library.  You can get things in D or other unpopular language here, but they are not going to be as mature, developed, or available, and there will probably be things you could otherwise get that you now have to write yourself.  Also, C+ is more reasonable if you're willing to learn a bit of Boost, and C++ 11 adds some features that make life worth living again.
And that said, I'm primarily in python now.  Even C+ is a bit awful, and there are better options.  In another year or two, if D becomes stable and starts supporting 64-bit, but mostly if it becomes stable, I'll revisit it.  D isn't always 100% backward compatible with it self, as far as I can tell, which is another point against it.
Interesting, yes.  Perhaps useful.  There are currently better options for the learning programmer, though perhaps not for the programmer in some cases (I do differentiate here-a programmer should be able to learn a new language quickly, and should be willing to use what is best for the current job).  In my opinion, the things to look for for a learning programmer are: tutorials, books, common/popular language in the mainstream (and thus having a community), simple, effect ive, in that order.  D doesn't really fulfill these either, but it does get points towards simple, or at least simpler.