Re: How accurate are espeaks languages and dialects?

It really depends on the language and how much work has been done.
Yep, the american english doesn't sound quite accurate. However, it's funny. The british english sounds great and some people are using other languages.
Some languages have had little or no work where the guy talked to a native speaker. A good example of this is Icelandic, my native language. It has had some work, but it still sounds quite funny. However, I use it. It also depends on how good you are at understanding speech synthesizers. I, for example, am quite good at it and so I can use Icelandic eSpeak with the speech rate cranked
up to 90% (99 in the newest nvda versions). SOme people find eSpeak very hard to understand. I personally love it and think it is one of the best synthesizers in the world for good speech rate and responsiveness. But as I say, it's a matter of opinion.

Hope that helps,
T-m