Re: Small website update and work opportunities

@6 A fantastic re-visit on the site and some really powerful insights. Thanks @defender.

Regarding blind protagonists, I'm very mindful of games that have characters that are blind and do a terribly average job of explaining why or how they can be doing the things they do in the game. We're going to be putting a lot of time into working out a way we don't fall into this trap ourselves. I wonder if the slightly negative attitude towards blind protagonists is due to the poor depictions of the past. I have two autistic boys and I loathe many of the Hollywood depictions of autism, particularly given that my boys are low functioning, so I tend to feel negatively towards entertainment that steps into that space. Thanks, though, for the food for thought.

As for the use of the phrase "sight accessibility", I think it comes from trying to encapsulate too much in a single phrase and attempting to avoid anything that would cause offence. As a sighted person, I'm acutely aware that blindness and the broader topic of accessibility is not something I live every day and can't speak from personal experience about. We just want to get the phrasing and terminology as right as we can, but like anything and everything in language, everyone has different expressions and preferences. I'm sure over time I'll become more confident and use better phrases, but right now it's still a big learning curve.

I'm going to go back through the website tomorrow or Friday and work on the rest of the elements that you picked out. Thanks again for your help. If you'd ever like to do some small paid QA work for Blind Sparrow, send an email to me. I think you'd be excellent at it.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : defender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Blind Sparrow Interactive via Audiogames-reflector
[...]
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : crashmaster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Blind Sparrow Interactive via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Blind Sparrow Interactive via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : cmerry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Blind Sparrow Interactive via Audiogames-reflector