Re: the new beatstar has been released!

Ok, I have no exact answer to your question, but my experience is kinda similar to yours, so I'll try to describe it.
I've downloaded version 4.0, first, of course, simply to update the game, but also because I was experiencing that nasty downloading issue that was allready mentionned by many of us.
After having downloaded version 4 and replaced the folder, I've tried to run the game. I do hae access to the new options (menu structure and mini games), but it still indicates that I'm running version 3.5. So I've tried to look for all the traces of the old version, meaning to delete them all. I found one folder in app data containing the packs, one in roaming containing game files, and one data file in my documents (maybe I'm responsible for that one but I'm not sure). Anyway I managed to destroy that all. But... but even if the soundpacks are indead suppressed, 1. the game still tells me that I'm running version 3.5, 2. the downloading bug is still present.
I really like this game, don't get me wrong, but it's becomming quite anoying . Most of my soundpacks are corrupted for having only been partially downloaded because of this bug, and updating the game doesn't seem so easy ... So if you have any suggestion, don't hesitate!

Best regard,
Simon