Re: Reflecting on gaming in general

Hello folks! Nocturnus, I do agree with the majority of the aspects you've outlined. However besides all the negative aspects of today's mainstream market and how it reflects on the audiogames scene, we should also take into consideration that gaming in general serves other purposes than just having fun. We have heavily artistic games based on spreading messages and feelings. Truely immersive movies or books with all sorts of plot twists, and a rich story to be told. Other games such as Cuphead are more geared towards the oldschool gamers who loved the 80's title and wanted to revive the experience, those are more based on giving people a challenge. We also have funny and casual games such as I am Bread, and heavily competitive ones that are played as ESports and may have a way for the players to make a living out of it. It may open both the audiogaming and mainstream markets for new possibilities, or crash them both due to developers and players alike not knowing what they want or under which scope a new game would be evalluated.
To conclude, the gaming scene is so wide that everyone may step in, which is a good thing for developers, but it may end up making the players lost on what and where to look.
Best regards, Haramir.