Re: Reflecting on gaming in general

@redfox, post 4:
The point of the article was outlined in the title.  Anything beyond that was mostly speculation after careful and extensive research and fact gathering which I tried to outline through the use of my extensive linkage.  If I hadn't used it, someone else might have come along and said my statements had no evidence behind them.

@Haramir, post 5:
You say that gaming nowadays serves other purposes; I briefly touched upon that, stating that if you have an agenda or idea you wish to promote as a developer especially it is easier than pie nowadays to get it into a gaming community.  This is also why I concluded that whether or not we should truly be where we are right now where games are concerned has yet to be seen.  Do we want movies and games to be one and the same or should we let movies be movies and games be fun?
Supposing chess evolved so drastically that in order to join a chess tournament you had to have a story to tell, how many people would actually join chess tournaments?  If basketball suddenly became a sport in which the only way to win would be to play wearing a company's logo, who would join the NBA or other sports organizations?  Gaming once was, not a sprawling pile of ideas aimed at promoting ideals, opinions or political rhetoric meant for the minds of the young and vulnerable.  Of course, as I also pointed out, I'm a 30 year old has been fully aware that my time is quickly fading.

@Arqmeister, post 6:
Owing to the various elements of the game that do require your sight, such as the reactor core in the Pelagic II which has color coordinated buttons and a sequence best found through the x-ray vision utility, the answer is no, you cannot, long as you're totally blind beat the entirety of Perfect Dark.  Another mission that quickly comes to mind is the Skedar shrine, which is a hazardous experience containing ledges you can fall off of with the simplest of missteps in the wrong direction.
That having been said, much of Perfect Dark is doable, particularly at easier difficulties because of the excelent stereopanning and the use of stock-sound libraries from sound ideas and hollywood edge.  Other things to keep in mind is that when you bump into a wall your footsteps will stop, various gadgets and other items such as satelites have sounds attached to them, and all guards at lower difficulty levels will usually utter some short phrase or another before they start spraying you with bullets.  There footsteps are audible as well.  If your'e not sure what you've run into, sidestepping is an option, which will allow you to navigate through many spaces without much in the way of sighted assistance, and Joanna's dialogues with Karington, Elvis, Jonathan and the like will always help you know more or less where you are.