Re: About C#. Keys

Hi there,
1. use WPF, in case you don't need to draw expensive graphics, it will be fine for you and it is compatible with all screenreaders including Jaws.
2. About keyboard handling, i recommend to use events. Also a hierarchy of classes representing virtual windows, with one parent class with defined events receiving methods and then calling the hierarchy from according places.
Please, really avoid code like this:
if (gamePhase=="menu")
{
if (key==up)
{
//...
}
else if (key==down)
{
//...
}
else if (ctrl and space)
{
//...
}
}

It isn't funny.
If you need a example how a good game code should look like imo, just let me know. I am coding this already for one my friend, so I can make a version with english variable names and comments.

3. Sure, what about stack overflow?
4. Hmm, what shall I say to this? Just be object oriented, write efficient and flexible code, and you will be on the right way. The reason why development of anything bigger is so hard isn't in problems with coding but rather with overwhelming amount of actions to do to make a good and errors proof audiogame. For example I am able to develop a game like minesweeper or rtr for every platform in few days. If only I had all necessary sound effects... smile
That is never ending problem for me, I know about lots of sound effects resources, but I don't know which I can use freely and which not.

So that's it, if you have any further questions, feel free to ask even here, there are more good C# developers.

Best regards

Rastislav

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : jonikster via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : alisson via Audiogames-reflector