Re: CVAA Accessibility Rules Now In Effect

Ethin, Jacek;

You are wrong. I'm not saying I think you are wrong, I am saying you are categorically factually wrong.

CVAA has had, talking in the historical sense, a huge impact on the industry. As I said, elevating the accessibility discussion to senior management, with direct impact on games. Many studios are putting really significant effort into meeting CVAA criteria, many others are developing non CVAA related functionality that they never would have had CVAA not pushed the accessibility discussion up the agenda

I'm very well acquainted with your opinions by this point. I totally understand scepticism, it's an entirely reasonable conclusion.

However I'd respectfully ask you to not regard me as a liar when I tell you that from what I know of the many developers I both work for and am acquainted with the workings of that CVAA has already had great impact, and is indeed going to result in many things never seen before in games, even over the next three months.

It would be lovely if you wouldn't both continually dump upon these efforts. If 2020 rolls around and no change has happened, by all means call it all a waste of time. But until then, unless you're going to call me a liar, please take my word for it and please stop spreading such negativity about the concept of Devs working on accessibility. They do read these forums.

Although less now. I've stopped recommending developers come to these forums to learn about accessibility, specifically because of the conduct of the pair of you. What you're saying isn't what devs need to read.

Again, feel free to ask me any questions. I can't talk about things under NDA, but outside of that I will answer to the best of my ability.