Re: asking for sound effects

all that hollywood edge stuff, any sound ideas things, any boom fx things, didn't see it all so maybe you don't have those.
Even the CC stuff nearly always says you can't share it and have to visit the site to do so. Personally I think that keeping a copy of the license and naming the folder the web address or putting a URL in the folder or something is fine, but that's not what the license says so what I do is technically still against the terms. That's why I give out sight links instead of packaged downloads when ever possible... Thankfully freesound doesn't require it so that's why I was able to put together that freesound pack.
It sucks when someone gives you a bunch of material and you find out that an undetermined, nearly impossible to sort out portion of it is illegal, they might not have known either and in my opinion it's really not that bad to use unlicensed sounds in free projects anyway... That said I'm not speaking for audiogames.net when I say that and I'd still use legal sounds when ever possible my self, it's just that sometimes the selection just isn't their or you need something specific quickly.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Krantikari via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : katil2008 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Thatguy via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Thatguy via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Thatguy via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ammericandad2005 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ammericandad2005 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : giorgi elbaqidze via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ammericandad2005 via Audiogames-reflector