Re: asking for sound effects

Wait did I forget to mention gamesounds.xyz?
Here's the freesound stuff, gonna update it at, some point?
https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/2662 … ve-credit/

As for music.. Here's my list, organized in sections, with each section sorted from my personal most to least favorite.
Also, music artists are much pickier about how you credit them, not sure why maybe people hiding their names just so they can technically say their complying? So make sure to read the license and FAQ carefully.

Community sites
Tekno Axe
soundclick (if your willing to deal with their shit site you can find some great stuff for free)
Opsound
open game art, couldn't name it because it contains brackets... http://www.opengameart.org/art-search-a … t_type_tid[]=12&sort_by=created&sort_order=DESC
Looperman (unfortunately they don't have a way to sort out simple beats and backing tracks/beds from full songs but their are plenty still)
O C Remix (this one carries some risk and shouldn't be used in commercial projects as these are remixes of popular video game tracks. But their still (probably) legal according to ocremix)
The free music archive
CC Mixter, sister site of freesound
Freesound (it's not for music but you can still find plenty here. Mostly simple beats or sample packs but full tracks as well)

High content indi studios
Incompetech, non incompetent at all I promise
Nihilore
Marcelo Fernandez Music (note that his royalty free section is currently down right now, I really hope it comes back up)
audionautix
Sound Image, we all know Eric Matyas...
Freakyfwoof AKA Onj AKA Andre Louis's tracks (the license is annoyingly vague though and really not even a legal document)
Kongano (I find his music to be badly mixed but maybe that's just me?)

Low content indi studios
Twinmusicom
Tim Beek
HolFix Royalty free music (the license, for what it is, and the link to the archive can be found in any video)
Josh Woodward

Oh and, their is the open bundle (Not sure if that link will stick around but it's worth downloading)

Always remember to credit to show your appreciation for the hard work! that's how these guys get noticed by bigger companies who will buy their tracks and let them pay the bills, and if people don't credit, they could stop giving out free music since it costs money to host it.