Re: Tech: what you hate and what you can't live without

Let me give a little twist to the topic. So, here's this synthesizer called the Yamaha ReFace DX: a funky little fm synthesis keyboard with three octaves of minikeys, but with better quality than say a Microkorg, which I also have. Still let us stay with the DX: it's interface is based around a bunch of buttons and that nasty four slider touchscreen. Obviously that last part is whate I used to hate, but it's still possible to mark the boundries of those touch sliders via narrow strips of tape. Yes, time consuming and not the most pleasant, but workable solution. Recently a dutch company called Dtronics released the DT-RDX, a dedicated hardware midi controller specifically for this board and now this whole touch slider thing becomes almost redundent, not really, but almost. It's still needed for storing patches, accessing the twin fx processors and the midi looper, of course the setup/system menu as well, but regarding the main core of fm synthesis, this controller takes care of it in a knobby way. So yeah, a love/hate relationship with a synth. I won't discuss any of my other gear at the moment, may-be later, as there aren't that many true synth geeks around here. Interesting and quite an important topic never the less.