Re: Tech: what you hate and what you can't live without

If we're talking of things I miss I can add a couple.
My old talking cube clock which I've had for the past 12 or so years. Yes, its still upstairs and still works, but sadly its been replaced by Alexa since its easier to ask the time from across the room than come and hit the clock on my table, still I have a nostalgia about the clock since it woke me up so often while I was at university or on holliday or in other places, and handy though Alexa is it doesn't have that level of association.

Also my old parrot voice mate. It seems incredible in these times of smart phones to think of a point when you'd need a dedicated personal organiser and contacts list, but it did happen and I used one from about 2002 to 2012, even replacing it when it broke.

Ironically, it bust completely literally the week I bought my Iphoen 5 which is a little sad in its own way.

As a random tangent, I also wonder about my talking microwave. I didn't add it to the list since while its a helpful thing to have, providing a simple kitchen clock and timer as well as a precise way  microwave things, I did do without one for many years and have always tended to view it as more a luxury than a necessity. However, if those old microwaves with accessible dial controls are now falling by the way side in deference to the omnipresent, and inaccessible  touch screen controls, the talking microwave might well be more necessary after all.