Going Linux

Greetings!

The idea for this thread, was inspired by the Going Linux Podcast , which you "should" give a listen to, and has been going strong since 2006.

There is a segment on said show called "Gone Linux," where listeners take the time to write about why they personally took the time to get away from the Windows crowd and "Go Westward!"

One particular person, switched to Linux, because of a TED Talk that Bill Gates gave, which didn't settle well with said individual. The topic itself refferenced  in said talk, should have its own thread by itself some day...

So, why am I going Linux myself?

1. While running a Windows Insider Build on my Dell Venue 11 Pro (just before Microsoft Edge switched to the "Chromium" engine for their browser,) I ran the latest update and well... Not having made a "recovery drive" at the time... Yep? Totally my fault folks.
2. I have ran Linux in the past just to experience it, from Ubuntu 7.04 to Vinux 4.0, to Open Suse 11.3, to Ubuntu 18.04, to Sonar GNU/Linux (when it was around,) to Trisqual 8.0.
Some of those above where only in Virtual Machines, while a few were via DVD or CD, and on an old Dell Latitude D630.
3. From listening to back in the day "ACB Main Menu" podcasts on Linux from "Matt Camble" and "Marc Mulcahy" from the days of "Sun Micro Systems" and "Level Star" who did a "4 part" series on Gnopernicus , to the amazing "Listen And Learn Recordings" that were done by "Darragh Ó Héiligh."
NB. As of this writing, all of the peopl's recordings listed above, are "for now" at least, "lost" to the public.
4. I can't forget the many people who have wanted and have guided me going down this route. The two main ones being Kyle and Daniel
Bonus: I enjoy "Chrome OS" lots!

Am I still gonna do "Windows Gaming" even if it is via WINE or future maybe in a VM?You bet! /I don't mind getting myself "messy" folks... That's why I love the GNU/Linux world!

So, what makes/would make  you want to try or go Linux full time? What makes ya "NOT" want to go Linux? If a favorite feature /application was more accessible or if you were willing to adapt/fix said feature, would you switch? Also, have you played with Linux in the past, and what were/are your thoughts of Linux present/future?

And with that (borrowing a quote from the Blind Bargains Qast, "It's Your Turn To Sound Off!"