Re: Life without USB kind of sucks

Would a university do that, though? Having never gone to college, I can't say. It seems to me that the average IT guy at a university wouldn't know enough about how a screen reader works to care about that, but maybe I'm wrong. In my opinion, it would be stupid. I remember being told that laptops were never, under any circumstances allowed in college classrooms, and that you had no choice but to use audio books as a blind student. Both of those statements were proven false, so I don't want people to read something like this and go, "oh, if I can't change my speech rate on a library computer, I don't want to go at all." The audio book statement, for example, was one of the main things that swayed my decision to not pursue college, since I am very much a visual learner. Even if someone had taken the time to explain the absurdity of that statement to me at the time, I still had many compelling reasons why I didn't, and wouldn't, go, but it's the principle of the thing.