Re: why bgt dont continus

Hi.
So, that post might be a bit jumbeled up because I am half asleep, but here is my stance on the whole integration debate regarding gaming.
Something I want to address firstly is that, at leased from my point of view, many blind people enjoy their simple games and are not willing to step out of their own bubble, even when it comes to more advanced audiogames.
An example, even though it is a bit older. When audiogame hub 2 was released there was a questionaire on which kind of games people wanted to see in the app. And wel, what should I say, they voted Simon to be a part of the app.
Simon, the most simplistic game concept that there is and of which we already have a ton, even on the mobile market, things like Zany Touch, or the bopit game on Hubudle, which is now called game world I think.
Also, this explains why the blindfold games create such a tocsic comunity. Say one bad thing in the applevis comments about the game and you are ripped to shreds by people who can't keep up an argument chain and are not able to comprehend that there are people not wanting to support the cash grab methods of blindfold games.
Then, mainstream games.
Over the last year or so I noticed that my focus switched to mainstream games for the most part and audiogames were taking a backseat position. Yes, I due sometimes still play some games, games like AHC, new horizons, Cyclepath are still great games, possibly the latter not beeing the most complex of games, but surely having one of the best sound designs, shout out for Pitermach for creating those.
AHC was a major leap for audiogames when it was promoted. As Ethin said and which I can't deny, it is not as complex as a standard fantasy game for the mainstream market, it doesn't mean it is a bad game imo, it is very sollit for an audiogame and I really enjoy playing it.
But, back to the mainstream games.
I can understand that using the OCR and learning menus is tedious for some people not that experienced with computers or gaming, but again, as Ethin said, we need to integrate into the sighted comunity and kindly request accessibility changes.
The biggest chance we might have are with indi developers due to the fact that these are smaller studios and don't have a big player base already and are mostly more open for discussion.
We are just not as big as a market for the big studios to make an impact. Remember, these companys only have one thing in mind, and that is making money.
Yes, harsh for some possibly, but companys like Rockstar, Ubisoft, Bethesta and EA only see you as ATM machines to sell their products to.
Putting more money into accessibility just for some people is not worth the  effort for them.
Quick rundown why. Before a product of any kind is released to the public, companys conduct a marketing analysis.
Things like, what is are product, what is the group of people we want to sell the product to, what makes our product stand out. What is our market positions, do we hold a monopolistic position or do we have to face an Oligopol market with many vendors and customers?
The percentage of blind people activly playing audiogames isn't that large I can imagine, the percentage of that group which actively play mainstream games is even lower. I wouldn't say 0, but it's still quite a low number.
Maybe you get my point I try bringing across wy integrating accessibility features is not worth the effort for mainstream devs.
Do i wish the situation would be different? Oh yeah, I do, mainstream games have so many things audiogames don't have, but I am not someone who can go and change the situation over  night, it requires many people to move something in the business.

So, that much from me.

Greetings Moritz.