Re: how to change personality

@29 I see your point. We had tribal society long before organized religion, though you could argue that their was allot of spiritualism there too, so still religion but on a smaller scale, just as humans them selves were.
Morals are morals even if they didn't match up with what the big empires considered civilized even a few thousand years ago, but mostly I'm speaking of the foundations for modern morals in the more developed parts of the world, not a list of basic rules past down by word of mouth by elders and likely more concerned about how much an individual is aloud to eat based on their status than the protection of women from rape for instance.
Still, religion has been and is still the big stick that gets used to back up the words in much of the world, and until a few decades ago even modern, highly complex laws were mostly based around god even on paper, and still are in some places even if only in word.

As for religion and science, I urge you to do more research rather than relying on one or two famous anecdotes.
As I did say, religion only aloud science it saw a use for, at times more restrictive and at other times less, but that doesn't detract from the major human progress it resulted in any more than the evil way the Nazi experiments were conducted ditracts from how much more we now understand about hypothermia for instance.
Yes, it introduces bias, and the knowledge gained may be horded for a time, but eventually more likely than not it will get out and be built upon by others in the future.
Early astronomy, writing and reading, philosophy, complex mathematics, chemistry, genetics, acoustics, botany, and many types of artistry were all discovered or expanded in some way within the context of religion or aided by the wealth of the church.
And I'm not just talking about western religions here either.
Could we have achieved the same without religion? Possibly, but without it's organizing nature and nearly universal quest for human betterment, it's pretty hard to say.
It's done plenty of harm too, and clearly still does, but denying these facts is intellectually disingenuous.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bashue via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : AlirezaNosrati via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bashue via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bashue via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : AlirezaNosrati via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mahdi-abedi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bashue via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bashue via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bashue via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Juliantheaudiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mahdi-abedi via Audiogames-reflector