Re: working out

and I am bringing this up again because its very much needed and i know most blind folk out there does not care for exercising.
Since the gym which I go to  is inaccessible, just like every gym out there in this unforgiving world (what a surprise, right?) dad and I made a few thin Styrofoam sheets you can actually put into each machine. Where you find a hole, there you dip your finger and press the buttons for the basic functions: start, stop, plus, minus whether it is inclination or speed in threadmils, or hardness in bikes ETC. We went and measured everything, then made the guides according to that.
I normally go with my best friend. We have made it a plan to go every day at 6 o'clock sharp, and that leaves us with the rest of the day free. We are going 4 to 6 days a week. When he cannot go for some reason, then I spend more time in cardio since I have a labelled threadmill at home and it was recommended I do some more (thanks overweight organism).
He thankfully has explained and got me into most of the regular exercises you see everywhere for free in blogs and so on (you really need to have someone watch you at least once because words cannot convey some details), including the several types of abdominal pull ups  you can do (my abdomen at this time is protesting because we did hit that too hard two days back so I definitely feel the  DOMS, or delayed-onset muscle soreness... I bet he does too. For the most part I quite enjoy going. It also has a pool, so when that soreness kicks in swimming is a pretty nice soft stimuli. Having said this however, its too bad that gyms simply make things hard for us