Heads Up: Response to Community Toxicity

Hello all,

As a community, I think it's safe to say that most of us are trying to make audiogames.net an inclusive place for gamers and developers alike. When things happen which threaten that openness and welcome, there comes a point where the staff team has to consider taking action. Unfortunately, that time is now.

It has come to our attention over the last little while that our community environment has become somewhat toxic. Some users have taken to expressing their opinions forcefully and with little to no regard for the negative effects their words might have. It has resulted in measurable harm, most notable of which is the Gold Gun project's discontinuation; evidence of this harm can be seen elsewhere as well. We must also consider the potential impressions we are giving to the more mainstream developers who might be lurking here.

As such, we feel the need to make a firmer stand on this issue. From here on out, we're going to be coming down harder on users who are needlessly negative or antagonistic in their criticisms of games, developers or forum users in general. We encourage civil discussion and are more than welcoming of disagreeing points of view, but there is a line beyond which one's critique simply becomes a rant or an attack, and this simply isn't good for the community as a whole.

One user has already received a specific warning on this subject, and further action may be necessary if unwanted behaviour continues. Repeated infractions can and will be prosecuted under the community failure clause on a case-by-case basis. We do not enjoy the need for a heavier approach, but unfortunately we feel that it is necessary in  order to ensure an improved social atmosphere here on the forums.

Please help us work toward making our community a nicer place to be for everyone.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : MasterOfDeath via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : MasterOfDeath via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : aaron via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : aaron via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jack via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jack via Audiogames-reflector