Re: Heads Up: Response to Community Toxicity

Liam, I know the Gold Gun thing wasn't all or even mostly an issue of the forum's toxicity. There are/were other issues at play, and I respect that. I brought it up because it's a demonstrable piece of harm I can point at, but there are others, too.

MasterOfDeath, the thing is, yes, negative opinions are welcome. But look at the two following examples:

1. Your game is stupid. It's full of bugs and I don't know why you wasted your time if you're going to release such a shitty product. There's no story, you just kill things until you either hit level 55000 or die. That's not fun. it's boring.

That's...not all that helpful. It's combative, and while it might be true, it's also needlessly antagonistic. Now consider this.

2. I found your game really hard to play, because there are a lot of bugs. It would be better to iron those out before releasing, unless you don't know how and you need help...in which case, it's okay to ask for it. Also, is there a point to this game? It feels like all you really do is make numbers get bigger, and that may be fine for some, but it feels a bit incomplete to me. I hope you keep working on this game and polish it up a bit.

That's still critical, but it's much more polite. Criticizing a game or a dev for a bad choice or whatnot? Totally okay. But just watch how you do it. That's what this all comes down to.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : MasterOfDeath via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : MasterOfDeath via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : aaron via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : aaron via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jack via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jack via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector