Re: Interest in an open source vocoder library?

Thanks guys for all the positive feedback!

@x0 Oh yes, I know that a VST can have more than two inputs - I just haven't taken the time to figure out how the SDK works yet. As for the modulator, right now it still has to be mono. In general I think it would just increase code complexity for very little gain, allowing the modulator to be stereo as well. Of course, I could easily add a downmix option for the modulator so that you can pass a stereo stream, but ultimately it still has to be used as inputs to the filterbank and the envelopes which are then applied to the carrier. Do you agree, or do you see some benefits with a stereo modulator?

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : gabriel-schuck via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : masonian via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : visualstudio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : visualstudio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : x0 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector