Re: Why I like old music discussion

Do you want me to make a rant about today's music? I could do it very well.

What I personally like about the Old music from 70s and 80s is the variety of styles within styles. What I mean is that you had a pop track by a famous artist and then another pop track but you could see various different elements when comparing those two. Even the basic beats didn't sound the same.
Another thing I like about old music is that each artist was a profile, or an icon. So for instance you had a Michael Bolton and that one and only was immediately distinguishable from others. You couldn't see another artist composing songs in the style of Michael Bolton or singing like Michael Bolton. Note in today's music: an artist may sometimes sing a balad, next make a song featuring a well-known DJ who produces rough house beats plus a random mix of oriental melodies, then you see that artist publishing a new track where he/she makes desperate efforts to sing rap.
One other thing, among many others I like is the originality of instruments in 70s-80s, particularly guitars and strings. I may be wrong at this point, but to me they sound really genuine instruments, not synthesised, not too loud or too clear as I can notice in some songs of today.