Re: Why I like old music discussion

My musical interests are quite different from many others here.  Lately I’ve been listening to music from the Andes in South America. This music often has a quite noticeable indigenous American influence. Guitars and other string instruments usually play the chords and baseline, with sometimes quite loud flutes taking the  melody.

These songs are either in Spanish, and sometimes in indigenous languages such as quechua or aymara.

There is modern music from this region, which is  somewhat the same as the older stuff,  but I think I will always like the older recordings better. They sound more authentic, more real.

There is also really good old music from latin america. Like that stuff too. I used to listen to it a lot.

Haven't looked in to this as much, but I have heard some of it. There is some pretty good old music from africa as well.

Basically, just about anywhere you loock. and everywhere you look, you may see the same reoccurring pattern. At least I do. I like the older stuff a lot better.

I like world music especially from older times because it’s lets me see in some cases cultures that are slowly disappearing or music styles that are slowly disappearing. I also like to see how people blend ancient music styles with modern. You don’t see much of that nowadays because in places like  Africa, sorry to generalize the continent, things like autotune are becoming way too widespread, Another complaint I have about modern music. Admittedly there are times when autotune could sound really cool, but right now it is extremely overused.