Re: Sryth 2019 Kickstarter

I, like Jade, must be one hell of a cynic. I don't actually see anything in the Kickstarter page that would imply that the game becomes less focused on getting more money out of you. All I see is another avenue for income. He doesn't promise any easement of costs, and in fact the backer rewards are full of nothing but adventurer tokens, which sounds like the financial floodgates are gonna remain wide open.

I have no issues paying to play a game I love, but man. The money required to play Sryth? Do you know how many AAA titles I could buy with that, full of voice acting, awesome audio engineering, and (not that it matters to us) spectacular graphics, all of which Sryth just can't boast.

I appreciate that Sryth is an amazing adventure. It's wonderfully accessible. It's astoundingly addictive and intriguing... It's also bloody well expensive. I've bought books with more content that cost so much less, so I think I'll just live my epic fantasy dreams through those, and through muds.

Kai