Re: Would you like an OCR feature in Narrator on the Xbox? Please vote

@6

I don't know much about the architecture, maybe it's like windows going into sleep mode or something, i.e. memory state maintained instead of closing and reopening.

But either way, what I said is true. Narrator can't run when a game does, that's why the text to speech API exists. When a game launches the system surrenders most of the system resources over to the game. As far as I'm aware it's even more of an issue on playstation, the system resources left over when a game runs are even smaller again on PS.

From a technical standpoint I don't see why it couldn't take an image of what's on the screen and stop the game from running while it processes and reads the result. But I still think it's a bad idea.

I assume hacking around with OCR wouldn't be your dream scenario for how accessibility of UI should work in mainstream xbox games? What would your dream scenario be?