Re: Heads Up: Response to Community Toxicity

@23 agreed. It's sometimes a hard place to know where to draw the line. We don't want to be too eager, saying we'll basically drool over any new thing like a pathetic dog, but we also want to respect our devs, because they do a lot of hard work. A lot of games out today are free to play, and I see that getting taken for granted. I'm just flabbergasted when a paid game comes out and the response is something akin to how dare you do this, I can't pay or won't pay. Well, sorry but the way the world works is that if you don't have the money for something, you don't get that thing. Do I wish the  people could play it who even could buy it but can't due to paypal not being available in their country, sure, but its really entitled to basically whine about how everything should be free.

You then have developers who have done the community a bad turn, either consciously or otherwise. I feel there is some leeway there, some wiggle room. Not everyone is perfect, hell, none of us are, so you learn to code, but you've also got to learn to manage other things like a team of admins, and your PR. I don't think we should jump down the throat of someone if they make a mistake, if they seem willing to fix it, however, I have a problem with people who repeatedly do things, then either apologize later, while even later still, they continue to do things. I also really, personally do not like people screwing with my money. If I pay for something, then I want access to the thing I paid for. Now, that's not to say I'd be upset if a game went freeware after like 5 years of being paid or something. Though I do have the opinion that if I choose to patronize your business, then you owe me a certain level of customer care. That doesn't mean literally set up a call center or a support ticket thing. All I mean is just do business like a decent person. Show that you have ethics that guide your decisions, and don't screw over your customers.

That was my main point of concern. If people are having bad experiences about a particular title, or with the person or company behind a series of games, I think its worth them making a post about it so we all know. As I said in my other post in the CH topic, not everyone has that kind of money, so its best they know what they're gonna get before they commit to buying it.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : defender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : MasterOfDeath via Audiogames-reflector