Re: Ideas for an Arcade Game?

An arena shooter like Smash TV would be amazing. And count me in as one of the people who want to see a decently done beat em up.
@dark, I can't say much about it, but my guess is that the reason beat em ups in audio haven't experimented with anything of you mentioned is that most blind people simply don't have a concept of what a real fight is suposed to look like. Sighted people can look at action films, indeed most beat em ups are heavily inspired by martialarts films typically, but blind people typically don't have a concept of the typical back and forth, rhythm, and general idea of a fight other than to run forward and hit things as fast as you can. I'd love to se even a simple game, like final fight, which has decent mechanics and enough enemies onscreen with challenging AI to keep you moving. I have plenty of designs in my head that would allow for chalenging gameplay while being very realistic to do in audio, simply not the knowledge to program any of it. If someone was to be willing to let me design the game and do most of the programming, these designs might actually get somewhere... lol. Even if it's just a simple game of how many levels you can go until you drop, I'd be ok with that.