Re: I Wanna Smack Python Upside the Head

@15, the AV issue is one reason. The lack of 3D is another. The poor networking and DLL support is another. The vendor lock-in is another. And so on. Your comparison doesn't make much sense, unfortunately. BGT's not even a programming language. Oh, and the lack of cross-platform support. Again, if you can give me legitimate reasons on how BGT would be better for new people to start off with instead of jumping into Python, please do. I ask you again because that pretty much seems like what your preaching here. You might like old and decrepit programming languages that are obsolete, but I'd rather introduce someone to a programming language that is actually being maintained rather than one that's (say in the future) 20-30 years out of date. The other issue with these obsolete programming languages is that they teach bad practices. The practices aren't bad now, not yet at least, for BGT anyway, but give it 3-4 years and C++/Python will be on a totally different wavelength. We need to introduce people to Python ASAP purely because the more updates the language receives, the further and further it pulls away from BGT, and the harder and harder it is to switch, which is the vendor lock-in that I was talking about. If you want to program a computer, you need to keep up with the times. That is exactly why Thomas Ward kept switching so much; technology moved far faster than he could adapt to, and he fell behind. That is exactly why I always build my C++ projects with the latest C++ standards and don't use (say) C++11 or C++03; I'd rather have my code up to date and make it much easier for people to contribute to (or modify in the future) rather than stick to old standards and practices that were obsoleted by future practices or standards.
@16, I doubt it. AV's don't work like that. No good AV would just check the signature and if it looks reputable it'll let it pass. That'll pass smart screen, but not windows defender/malwarebytes and all the other AVs out there.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : visualstudio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : manuelcortez via Audiogames-reflector