Re: Crazy Party: mini-games and card battle! (beta63)

Hmm. I've beaten the Grand Council again (mostly with my blood deck, which I still think is probably the best thing going), and I'm not too impressed by the symbol play. I can see how symbol generation would facilitate bigger decks, but it's hard and sort of pointless to have more than, say, a tri-type deck. Having most arenas do only 30, 60 and 90HP is...just sort of underwhelming. I'd love to play council or even other arena fights with far more HP (optionally, I mean) or whatever. Would let me test the long-term viability of multiple strategies.

Incidentally, Symphony of the Forest or whatever it's called (fairy type 27-28, the one that uses all your musical notes) still has a 1 in 10 chance of just, ahem, failing outright? After all the setup required, and the fact you can't just reuse it? Let's just contrast this with something like Bloody Meal, which is a far lower cost (bug level 4 I believe?), heals you for 100% of the damage you deal, can be regrabbed if you're lucky with Survival Pheramone, and which doesn't destroy the blood in your foe's hand. And okay, fine, there's nothing a foe can do to stop you building up sound cards (vs. a foe can be immune to blood, or turn them to their own advantage if they are lucky, but come on...who uses grease blood or blueblood or whatever?). I'm just...underwhelmed, I guess.

I like the improvements I'm seeing, and can appreciate the greater diversity with what you're going for here, but I feel like there a lot of cards (the maces, and most parry cards that are very specific) are just...far too fiddly. I'd rather load up my deck with attacks and sure-fire combos that devastate once they're set up than hoping and praying that people happen to trigger the parries I've prepared. Only exception is, like, Disloyal Riposte, and that's largely because it draws blood and gets that whole blood bug-dark thing rolling. There are literally several dozen cards that I just can't see myself using competitively, either against bots or players. And I'm not a huge expert when it comes to the crazy high-HP games I've borne witness to, but I don't see that changing all of a sudden. If I saw a card one day that was something like "psychic type 35, works following the number of time cards in the target's exile, following number of sap cards in target's hand, following the number of mirror cards in target's discard; 2 magical damage; target has a 100% chance to add 1 rock card to their hand", let's just say I wouldn't be too surprised. And okay, that's a really weird/random example, but yeah. Sometimes the effects on cards, and the conditions they call up, just seem too arcane for practical use.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : UltraLeetJ via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : AlirezaNosrati via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Pragma via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Pragma via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : UltraLeetJ via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : josephweakland via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector