Re: crazy party scoring system

There wasn't one single person who was being snarky, and I didn't hand out any actual cautions. It was more just a gentle nudge that we didn't need to be snarky.

Remember, everyone, that practice has to seem worth it. Some people have the time and the inclination to become experts. If you punish people by making them try over and over and over again, that's not always fun. And if it results in repeated game-over screens (which as I pointed out take time)...well, that gets kind of offputting for some people. This is why I made my suggestion, as it's a soft compromise without actually saying "here, play the game and you'll win every time". Because that's quite obviously not what I want.

Incidentally, I have plenty of problems with other games I've seen/heard about aside from the math stuff. The entire game has a rather unfinished feel to it. Why, exactly, do I want to unlock games and earn hundreds and thousands of coins or gems? Why precisely should I play games that frustrate me and can damage my keyboard in some fringe cases? I mean, if levels and stuff meant anything, then cool. I guess this sort of game really isn't my style, and that's nothing more or less than personal preference. And it's why I keep to the battle mode, where I still feel the gem acquisition rate is punishingly low.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Jeffb via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Jeffb via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zuckuss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : siria via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zuckuss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zuckuss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : turtlepower17 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : turtlepower17 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : death via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : siria via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zuckuss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector