Re: Proposed New Rules: Discussion and Feedback

Jayde wrote:

7. Should you wish to leave the community, you are free to stop using your account at any time. We also invite you to edit your posts in order to remove or correct things as you see fit. In the event that you desire to have your actions on the forum stricken from public record, we urge you to contact Google or other search engine providers to begin that process. We are generally not in the habit of editing or deleting posts or accounts ourselves except in specific circumstances, and this is a precedent we intend to uphold, as it is unreasonable to expect this level of data control from a website with our size and scope.

This policy violates the GDPR under Art. 17 and can open AudioGames.net to legal prosecution. If a user requests their data to be deleted, in most cases the data controller must comply. This is a precedent that has been upheld in a court of law multiple times, and it has been implemented on several social networks with Twitter and Facebook being the most prominent. Therefore, it would be unwise for AudioGames.net to not comply with erasure requests.

More information on Art. 17 GDPRRight to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’) can be found here:

https://gdpr-info.eu/art-17-gdpr/

https://gdpr-info.eu/issues/right-to-be-forgotten/

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : TheGreatCarver via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : TheGreatCarver via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : TheGreatCarver via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : mahdi-abedi via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jaybird via Audiogames-reflector