Re: Proposed New Rules: Discussion and Feedback

Sorry, but I don't believe your claims regarding, the right to be forgotten, to be valid in the slightest. I'm certainly not the most qualified to be siting these matters but I still must wholeheartedly disagree.

Your posts make countless references to, data collection. Might I remind you that this forum has not collected your data. You signed up. You clicked the hey I want to be a member checkbox. You agreed to the rules as they were at the time, and by continuing to be a member you agree to be bound by rules as they're updated. Of course that's the point of this topic, to discuss the validity of new ones.
You have the ability to delete posts as you see fit if you may choose to do so. You have the ability to change your name as you see fit to do so. And once your account is deleted, it's no longer able to be viewed by anyone. That is not privacy violation. That is not data collection. that is not in violation of legal obligation. By this logic I could go up to literally any website begging for everything I've ever said or done there to immediately be cleared no questions asked.

So my advice to anyone wishing to have everything deleted/wiped. Clear the posts yourself, then spend the next who knows how long combating every search engine on the net to remove any mention of these posts from cache. If we were dealing with personally identifiable information I suppose I could understand, but in many cases this simply isn't how it is. Can I go up to any email list demanding for the destruction of archived threads just to get my information out of circulation? No, I most certainly cannot.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : TheGreatCarver via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : TheGreatCarver via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : TheGreatCarver via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : mahdi-abedi via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jaybird via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Ethin via Audiogames-reflector